Have you ever been in a situation when your guests are coming in 15-20 minutes, but your home looks like a mess? Fortunately, there are some ways to clean your apartment or house really fast, even if looked like a battlefield just a couple of minutes ago.
We like a clean house, but we think there are more interesting things to do. So we’re going to tell you how to clean your house fast and impress your guests.
A foyer is the face of your home and it’s the first thing your guests see. Here are some tricks that will help you clean the hallway in a couple of minutes.
- Remove all clothes from coat racks. They only make your entryway look smaller and messier.
- If you don’t have a special drawer for shoes, put them in a shopping bag and hang it on a hook.
- Put all receipts, magazines, and other papers in a box and promise yourself to sort through all this stuff later. Keep the promise.
- To make your entryway carpet look clean, you can pour some baking soda on it: this will absorb moisture and dirt. Then just vacuum the carpet.
Cleaning your toilet isn’t the most pleasant activity in the world. But you can speed up the process.
- Spray a disinfectant solution on the toilet bowl and wipe it. Experts also recommend using antibacterial cleaning wipes.
- Don’t forget to put out a new toilet paper roll. By the way, scientists have conducted several polls on how to place the roll on a toilet paper holder. It turns out that the toilet paper should hang over (in front of) the roll.
- Put a few drops of essential oil on a cotton pad and place it on a shelf to add a nice odor.
- A piece of advice: If you don’t like to clean the toilet bowl (who likes to, by the way?), make “toilet bombs” in advance. It’ll take you just 10 minutes to make them. The recipe: mix baking soda, soap, citric acid, and essential oil the way it’s shown here. Then make balls and don’t forget to wear gloves. Well done!
Here’s another room that you have to clean before your guests come. It may take hours, but we know how to do it really fast.
- For a few minutes before you start cleaning, turn the hot water on. Steam moisturizes all the surfaces, so it’ll be easier for you to remove dirt.
- Don’t forget to hang clean towels and put out a fresh piece of soap.
- Throw away old toothbrushes, hide your combs, and put away your personal care products.
- An easy solution for a bath mirror: nylon soaked in water will make the surface look nice again. You can even use nylon tights.
The coziness of your home depends on the kitchen. To keep it clean and tidy, here are some easy tips for you.
- Cleaning experts claim that we shouldn’t wipe in a circular motion, this just spreads the dirt around. Always use an S pattern to get the job done properly.
- If your fridge door is made from stainless steel, you can wipe it with coconut oil to make it look shiny. Apply some oil to a cloth and wipe the door — in a few seconds, all of the stains will vanish.
- Laminate flooring can be easily cleaned with hair shampoo.
- You kitchen won’t look good if your kettle is dirty. To make the process of cleaning quicker and easier, fill the kettle with water, put it on the stove, and turn on the burner.
The main room where guests gather is the living room. There are lots of funny tips on how to hide the mess (for example, give your guests more wine or hide stains under pillows.) But we know some really cool hacks that can help you clean the room in 5 minutes.
- Sweep dust from all visible surfaces. You can use a roller for clothes: it’ll remove all dust and pet hair.
- To remove pet hair, you can use a window squeegee. Don’t forget to moisten the surface before you clean it.
- Line up all items (vases, books) parallel or perpendicular and straighten everything. These are the visual cues that everything is tidy.
- Odors matter. You just need to make coffee to make guests feel comfortable. You can also add cinnamon, dried apples, and orange peels to boiling water. The smell will be really nice.
- Rubbing alcohol can be used for pet accidents on carpets and beds.
Guests aren’t that nosy, but if they decide to visit other rooms you can use these tips:
Experts recommend to close all doors leading to other rooms. But sometimes guests still enter these rooms and you might feel embarrassed.
Office equipment can take on a new life in the kitchen
A CD organizer works brilliantly as a rack for the lids of your pots and pans. Simple ideas like this will mean you’ll never lose anything while cooking ever again.
Decorative baskets or containers are perfect for storing the things you don’t use every day
This sounds very obvious, but it’s an idea that many of us overlook and forget how useful it can be. It will work even better if you label every box — that way you’ll be able to find things you haven’t used recently with the minimal amount of effort. Remember that you don’t necessarily have to buy decorative boxes and containers — you can make them yourself using cardboard and sticky tape or material. Here’s a great example of how to do it.
Don’t hide away the things you use every day
As for those things you make use of every day — your favorite jewelry, for instance, or your cosmetics — there’s no need to hide them away. You can place them in a special holder that you made yourself or which you can easily buy in stores.
There’s a place for every little item
A rack for your ties, beads, or belts takes up the minimal amount of space in the closet or on the wall, and this way you’ll never lose any of those small yet vitally important accessories ever again. You can buy racks of this kind or you can make them yourself.
You don’t have to store unused plastic bags in another bag — there are alternatives
We all have that “bag full of bags” somewhere in our home, but it looks so unsightly. Think a little more creatively, and you’ll find that there are plenty of solutions for storing them in a more convenient and attractive way.
Pillowcases can help restore order to a linen cupboard
Another example that shows some things in life can be made so much simpler. Store every piece of bed linen in a set inside one of the pillowcases from that set, and then you’ll never have to search for a missing piece in the closet ever again.