18. And while he wants to be heard, he never expects you to change your mind—unless that happens organically, in which case he’ll feel super satisfied because he truly values your mind.
19. He forwards you articles he knows you’ll find interesting—about things he never would have read before you started dating.
20. He is your number one fan and he considers you his.
21. When you’re stressed out or upset, your down mood triggers a desire in him to be a better partner and to do his best to help you through the difficult stuff, although he recognizes that your problems don’t hinge on him alone.
22. If you get nasty or say something extreme in the midst of a fight, he doesn’t let it impact his view of you because he knows he’s equally capable of saying something stupid in the heat of the moment.
23. When he hurts you, he takes your pain seriously and makes a heartfelt commitment to be more mindful of your feelings moving forward.
24. He leans on you when he’s sick, exhausted, sad, or in need of extra love and attention just because.
25. He’s committed to dividing your free time as a couple between your friend groups and he makes an effort to integrate the two whenever it makes sense.
26. He goes out of his way to invite you to social events and work related gatherings, even if he knows he’ll be the only guy with a “plus one.”
27. If he does head somewhere without you, he’ll text saying that he wishes you were there—not just to flatter you, but because he really does have more fun when you’re around. Chances are, he’ll come home earlier than he would if you were with him.