With our busy, always on lives, it seems that more and more of us are facing constant tiredness and fatigue on a regular basis.
For many people, they just take this in their stride as part of modern life, but for others the impact can be crippling and can have a serious effect on their sense of wellbeing, health and productivity.
In this article, I’ll share some of the most common causes of constant tiredness and fatigue and give you some guidance and action steps you can take to overcome some of the symptoms of fatigue. cool stuff for guys cool stuff to buy cool stuff to make cool stuff for kids
Why Am I Feeling Fatigued?
Fatigue is extreme tiredness resulting from mental or physical exertion or illness. It is a reduction in the efficiency of a muscle or organ after prolonged activity. cool stuff for guys cool stuff to buy cool stuff to make cool stuff for kids
It can affect anyone, and most adults will experience fatigue at some point in their life.
For many people, fatigue is caused by a combination of lifestyle, social, psychological and general wellbeing issues rather than an underlying medical condition. cool stuff for guys cool stuff to buy cool stuff to make cool stuff for kids
Although fatigue is sometimes described as tiredness, it is different to just feeling tired or sleepy. Everyone feels tired at some point, but this is usually resolved with a nap or a few nights of good sleep. Someone who is sleepy may also feel temporarily refreshed after exercising. If you are getting enough sleep, good nutrition and exercising regularly but still find it hard to perform, concentrate or be motivated at your normal levels, you may be experiencing a level of fatigue that needs further investigation. cool stuff for guys cool stuff to buy cool stuff to make cool stuff for kids
Symptoms of Fatigue
Fatigue can cause a vast range of physical, mental and emotional symptoms including:
- chronic tiredness, exhaustion or sleepiness
- mental blocks
- lack of motivation
- muscle weakness
- slowed reflexes and responses
- impaired decision-making and judgement
- moodiness, such as irritability
- impaired hand-to-eye coordination
- reduced immune system function
- blurry vision
- short-term memory problems
- poor concentration
- reduced ability to pay attention to the situation at hand
Causes of Fatigue
The wide range of causes that can trigger fatigue include:
- Medical causes: Constant exhaustion, tiredness and fatigue may be a sign of an underlying illness, such as a thyroid disorder, heart disease, anemia or diabetes.
- Lifestyle-related causes: Being overweight and a lack of regular exercise can lead to feelings of fatigue. Lack of sleep and overcommitting can also create feelings of excessive tiredness and fatigue.
- Workplace-related causes: Workplace and financial stress in a variety of forms can lead to feelings of fatigue.
- Emotional concerns and stress: Fatigue is a common symptom of mental health problems, such as depression and grief, and may be accompanied by other signs and symptoms, including irritability and lack of motivation.
Fatigue can also be caused by a number of factors working in combination. cool stuff for guys cool stuff to buy cool stuff to make cool stuff for kids
Medical Causes of Fatigue
If you have made lifestyle changes to increase your energy and still feel exhausted and fatigued, it may be time to seek guidance from your doctor. cool stuff for guys cool stuff to buy cool stuff to make cool stuff for kids
Here are a few examples of illnesses that can cause ongoing fatigue. Seek medical advice if you suspect you have a health problem: cool stuff for guys cool stuff to buy cool stuff to make cool stuff for kids
Anemia is a condition in which you don’t have enough healthy red blood cells to carry adequate oxygen to the body’s tissues. It is a common cause of fatigue in women.
Having anemia may make you feel tired and weak.
There are many forms of anemia, each with its own cause. Anemia can be temporary or long term, and it can range from mild to severe.cool stuff for guys cool stuff to buy cool stuff to make cool stuff for kids
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) is a condition that can cause persistent, unexplained fatigue that interferes with daily activities for more than six months.
This is a chronic condition with no one-size-fits-all treatment, but lifestyle changes can often help ease some symptoms of fatigue.cool stuff for guys cool stuff to buy cool stuff to make cool stuff for kids